Wednesday, April 1, 2009

My hearts prayer

I guess that it has been a long time since I have done this blogging thing, but a voice just pushed and pushed and pushed for me to continue on this journey of blogging. So, I have had somethings on my heart and mind. I was recently inspired to write  some poetry, and so I just put my mind on paper. Here it is...

I know how to be a good christian
But it seems to me that I don't listen
When I look a round I see all these distractions
I wonder if my witness is killed by my actions
I see the qualities of my brothers and I become so envious
But when I really think about it I start to become so curious
Because I know that isn't the life jesus had for me
I just wish that he would come down, open my eyes so I can see
That my life has more worth
That Jesus loved me even before my birth
I need to be comfortable in my own skin
That no matter the race I would love people as my own "kin"
God, open my eyes
and Teach me the things to change peoples lives
When you're with me you make my happy as though a kid with an ice cream cone
But I sometimes feel that you're not around, and that I'm alone
There are times when my heart feels so hollow
But God you know my heart and that I want to follow
God be with me!
As I yell, that is my plea.

1 comment:

Paula said...

I love it! You're a poet and you didn't know it. :) Yay, keep writing brother.