Thursday, January 17, 2013

Graduating in style

It has been a month since I have graduated from Texas State University, and what a journey this has been! My time at Texas State was one that I will always cherish. The my roommates, the Ad Club, and the people I met there all played a part in my amazing experience.

I would like to say to all of the people that helped me get through this great accomplishment, thank you! If I were to specifically point out everyone that made an impact in my journey, this blog post will turn into a novel. I am sure we all don't want that. However, I will take time to reflect and show my appreciation to all that helped me from a distance. My life at Texas State would not have been the same if it weren't for the people that God had placed in my way. The Ad Club showed me so many things. I met with advertising professionals, took notes from speakers, and most of all made friends that I will never forget.

I also want to thank my roommates! My brothers from other mothers! You guys always challenged me to be better, and not to settle for being mediocre (whether you knew it or not.). We had so many good times playing video games, trash talking, and playing basketball at the Rec. I truly believe that words cannot describe how much you guys mean to me and my journey, and I will always stay in touch because you guys are my boys!

Now I am on a new journey. A journey that consists of finding a job. So, I now understand when people say finding a job is hard. I guess I was a little naive to that fact, but it has come and hit me real hard. Luckily, I have a great network of former Bobcats, and I have learned to meet new people. It is a combination of my knowledge that I have learned from Texas State, the relationships that I have made during my time in college, and God that will help me find a place to work.

So, wish me luck on my job hunt! I really am excited to see where God has me as I continue to grow as a person, and as a man of God. (Raising my glass of water) Here is to a great ride through the journey that God has provided me!


No comments: