Sunday, August 22, 2010

New home, new Poreia

It has been a while since I have written a blog, and I think that it is time for one.

There is a time in everyones life when they need to spread their wings and try to fly away, and this is my time. I am now living in San Marcos going to my dream college Texas State University. This has truly come within God's timing. I thought I was ready last year, but I was not. I still had a lot of learning to do. I had to get my GPA up, I had to learn what responsibility was (that is something I am still learning), and plus I met the girl of my dreams.

I moved up here on thursday the 19th, and it was awesome. I first walked in to my Apartment and just smiled because I knew what was about to come. My move in only took about an hour max, but the organizing a little bit longer. After it was all finished Paul (my roommate/best friend/everyone knows that already) our significant others and I went to eat some burgers! Then, we came back and did some more organizing, and watched a movie and that was that.

Now was the goodbyes! (This was something I was not looking forward to) I looked at Caitlin and just stood there and looked. There was a lot of hugging... a lot of tears... and a lot of I love you, and I will be in Houston before you know it. It was just as hard for me to leave her as it was for her to leave me. She means a lot to me, and I don't like leaving her...

After a while of thinking and being in this somber mood, I realized that I was in my new home. A smile came and I knew it was time... To play video games!!! Then when Caitlin got home we talked and had a good conversation, and then went to bed.

I said all of this because this was my day, but now I am just writing. I am writing what has been going through my mind these past few days. God has truly been showing himself to me. Being alone will do that I guess. I have been looking at this new opportunity and thinking that God has a purpose for me here, and I am in my specific room, in this specific apartment complex, in this specific university for a reason. There is not luck or coincidences with God. Everything is done and planned and for a reason.

I don't know what God has in store for me yet, but I know that he has something. I am ready and looking forward to it. Yeah, life is going to be different, but with God I know that I can withstand anything. As of right now, in this very second, I am going to sit back and relax and enjoy this new journey... Sit back and relax and savor this new.... Poreia!

1 comment:

Paula said...

Yay brother! Enjoy the season! I love you!